Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why We Homeschool

I came across this post today, and wanted to share it! Dave and his wife Christy are embarking on their first year of homeschooling this year. Dave is a public school teacher, and is sharing his heart about his family's decision to teach their children at home.

I love everything that he wrote. I know some people don't understand why we've made this choice, and that's okay. I don't believe homeschooling is best for every family. I don't believe public school, or public school teachers, are evil. :) We're just doing what we feel the Lord has called us to do at this time.

Please go read Dave's post, then come back here and let me know what you think about it. He got to the heart and soul of why we are homeschooling - I really could relate!

5 comments:

  1. Should be working now. . . let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such an encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just linked the same post! Wasn't that an awesome and articulate explanation? I love how much he drew on Scripture. It makes me feel that Doug and I need to sit down and really articulate where we stand as well.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when I hear from you. Sad, but true - so make a girl feel good, eh? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FeedBurner FeedCount