Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So There! Take That!

As I was sitting on my bed folding laundry this afternoon, I was listening to a Focus on the Family podcast. More specifically, a 5 episode series entitled The God of All Comfort. Dr. Dobson was interviewing Steven Curtis Chapman about the death of his 5 year old daughter, Maria, last year.

Look at what Steven said:

"I believe there is a deceiver, there is an enemy of God, and God allows, he [Satan] only can accomplish what God allows him to accomplish. And I believe that what Job teaches us is that what God somehow, mysterious to us, what He allows, He allows it only to the degree that it actually will accomplish the exact opposite of what Satan wants to do - to discredit God, to discredit a family of faith. I believe that Satan is going to be humiliated and embarrassed in that. I believe he already is being. . ."

Wow. I can in no way understand what it must be like to lose a child at the age of 5. I'm sure it's not a place the Chapman's could have ever imagined themselves to be. The grief must seem insurmountable. The circumstances in this situation were so heartbreaking - but God has been glorified in it.

I found myself in a personal crisis a number of months ago. I was all of a sudden thrust into a place that I never could have imagined myself to be in. The grief I experienced seemed insurmountable.

I guess that's why this podcast today meant so much to me.

I understand that God allowed Satan to enter our lives in this way. And you know what? I'm so thankful that God allowed it to the degree that it accomplished the exact opposite of what Satan intended.

My faith is stronger.

My witness is stronger.

My marriage is stronger.

My family is stronger.

And if I had to go through it all - all over again - I would, as long as I knew that the God of all comfort was with me.


May He be glorified!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when I hear from you. Sad, but true - so make a girl feel good, eh? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FeedBurner FeedCount