Monday, June 15, 2009

This Magic Moment. . .

Remember that song? It's been stuck in my head the past few days.

My children NEVER fall asleep on me. I wish they would . . . every once in a while. But, alas, it just doesn't happen. If Aubrey is sleepy, she doesn't relax in my arms. She gets restless. And a little peeved frustrated. I think she wants to nurse - not sleep - so I don't make her happy. Now her Daddy? She loves to fall asleep in his arms. Nah - she's not a daddy's girl - not at all.

So, Saturday, one of Aubrey's top teeth was trying to break through, and she was none too pleased. The poor baby was miserable! She'd been fussy all day, and had not slept well because of it. I was getting frustrated, so I decided to hop in the bath and try to wash my cares away. Ivan had things under control - Cheerios seemed to be doing the trick at the time. He decided to lay her down when she finished - she was obviously VERY SLEEPY. So I'm relaxing the day away, and I begin to hear her screams cries. I tried to be strong, but I just. couldn't. handle. it. Don't get me wrong, I can usually let her cry if I need to, but I knew she was in pain. I had to try to help.

So, I hopped out of the tub, threw on my robe, and headed to her room. Ivan had her in his arms, to no avail. She was not happy. He passed her off to me, and I sat in the rocker to try to nurse her, thinking maybe it would help. She ate for just a few minutes, and then. . .

she just laid her head on my chest and looked up at me. I gave her her paci.

Within about 15 seconds, she was asleep.



It was heaven! I'm tellin' ya . . . because this NEVER happens, it was such a special moment. Crazy me, I was calling out to Ivan, as quietly as I could,

"Go get the camera!!! I have to have a picture of this!"

Cause you can bet your bottom dollar it will probably never happen again.


2 comments:

  1. My kids were the exact same way - well, Angie wasn't but she never slept anyway! :-) So, I cherished those moments, too - and still kind of wish for them even with my baby about to turn three! So glad you got to enjoy that absolutely precious moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blog! And, I love your hair! I love sharing in your life!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when I hear from you. Sad, but true - so make a girl feel good, eh? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FeedBurner FeedCount