Monday, September 7, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado


To imagine my life, untouched by fear, seems wholly impossible. I deal with fear about my children's health, safety and innocence. Fear about not being able to pay the bills. Fear about losing my husband. I try not to let fear lead me, but I admit. . . . sometimes, it is a struggle.

In his new book, Fearless, Max Lucado challenges the reader to obey Christ's most often spoken statement . . . "Do not be afraid". In classic Lucado style, he explores many common sources of fear, with plenty of scripture to help overcome.

A book overflowing with beautiful word pictures, Fearless is a book of hope. It challenged me to pray about and actively work on making faith, rather than fear, my default reaction to thoughts, situations and circumstances that normally threaten me.

Maybe you're like me and your children, marriage, and finances are at the top of your worry list. Or maybe you're more concerned with terrorists, or global calamity, or your own health. If you're tired of letting fear get the best of your days, this book is like a tall glass of water on a hot day. It's an easy read, and I'll enjoy going back to it for some quick "fearless" inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when I hear from you. Sad, but true - so make a girl feel good, eh? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FeedBurner FeedCount