Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sarah!



My dear Sarah,

You turned 6 years old today. Where has the time gone? I remember so clearly going into labor with you - it doesn't seem as if it could have been 6 years ago.

This year, you wanted a Tinkerbell cake with rings on it like the one at Wal-Mart. I did my best! :)


What a tough little infant you were! Friends tell me they remember coming to visit us, and you were in your high chair screaming your little head off, while I was just sitting on the couch, crying my eyes out. I don't remember this - but I'm sure it's true! I just never could figure out exactly what it was you wanted, and you couldn't figure out just how to tell me what I needed to know.


But, oh, the joy you bring me today! You are the life of the party. You make funny faces at the dinner table just to get everyone laughing. You LOVE to sing. You love to dance. You love to laugh and smile and spread your unique joy to all around you.






You love your sisters so much, and they adore you too.





You don't like to be alone. You like to pretend like you're shy when around new people. You are organized already - boy do I love that!





Your daily chores are to:
  • help set and clear the table
  • sweep
  • help Emma unload the dishwasher
  • help feed Aubrey sometimes
  • put your dirty clothes in the hamper
  • put your clean clothes away
  • take out the trash

Usually, you do all of these without complaining, though I still have to remind you to do them most of the time.

For your birthday, you asked for a "real" Bible, not a storybook Bible. You want to read along and find scriptures on your own when we have Bible time for school.

Getting your first library card June 2009.

You LOVE school this year! If I could bottle this up and save it for in a few years, I sure would! Your favorite subject is History so far, but I think that when we get our Art supplies in, you'll have 2 favorite subjects! You're very good at math, and your reading and handwriting skills are very impressive for the 1st grader you are!

Making Eve out of clay, to understand how difficult it is to make a human being. History lesson, September 2009
I love you so much, my sweet girl. You are such a gift to your family!
Mommy and Sarah September 26, 2009

Cause one just isn't enough!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Happy Birthday Sarah. You are a joy to ALL of your family. I remember the first time I held you, I hadn't held a baby since Emma was born. Your are growing into a fine young lady. Love, Aunt Chele

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I well remember the day she was born, but cannot believe it has been 6 years. Always enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday, sweet Sarah. Wish we could be closer to enjoy you more often. We love and miss you all! Love, Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when I hear from you. Sad, but true - so make a girl feel good, eh? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FeedBurner FeedCount