Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust. . .

Another year, that is.

Happy birthday, love! Today, on your 32nd birthday, I'm thinking on our life together these past 11 years, and on the amazing man you are.




I am oh, so thankful for you.




This has probably been the best and worst year of our life together so far. Our first year was tough - dealing with Daddy's death while learning to live with another human being wasn't easy, but that wedded bliss helped so much to get me through.



This year . . . wow. We've been places I never could have imagined.


Dark places.

Lonely places.

Scary places.

And hopeful, freeing, loving places.

But we've been through these places together - together with the Lord.


It's been a year of learning, of growing, of stretching and maturing.







You are so strong. I have seen supernatural strength in you - strength to overcome your trials and temptations. Strength to keep going and keep working when it seems like nothing is going the way you want it to.



You are becoming such a wonderful leader in our home. I see a new passion, a new hunger, a new fire in you for God's Word and how it applies to your life. You strive so hard to be who HE wants you to be, and I cannot explain what it does to my heart to see you live for Him, and not for people.






You have become so transparent in our home - there is no better example for the girls to see. You aren't afraid to share what's on your mind and in your heart. You alone have fostered a level of emotional intimacy between us that didn't exist before. I thank you so deeply for that.


You are such a natural teacher to the girls. I hope that someday Emma remembers her special time with you, walking through the meaning of salvation, and exploring what a life-changing event that is in her life.


You still light up a room when you enter. Your contagious joy affects all those privileged to know you.


You're making such an effort to make me feel loved, even when your mind is overwhelmed with work and your responsibility to provide for us.


You are working up to 70 hours a week to make sure your family is provided for. We miss you like crazy, but again, I'm so thankful that you are a man who sees what needs to be done and does it.


I'm more thankful today than I was 11 1/2 years ago that God chose me to be your wife. I'm glad that you're there for every one of those hard days I have, and even more thankful that I'm there for yours.


I love you, Superman.


Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet entry and what a great tribute to Ivan, the Superman! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when I hear from you. Sad, but true - so make a girl feel good, eh? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FeedBurner FeedCount